Sierra Metals is a growing metals producer with core strengths in finding and operating high grade low cost mines
- Metals: exposure to base AND precious metals producing stable operating cash flows
- Geographically: operating mines in two stable mining jurisdictions
STRONG BALANCE SHEET
Solid Financial Position
- Strong cash flow generating capacity with LTM EBITDA of $72.6 million1 and cash flow from operations of $60.0 million2.
- Solid balance sheet with cash and cash equivalents of $41.31 million and net debt of $ 40.6 million1,3.
Low Cash Cost Operations
- Yauricocha Mine, Peru: Acquired in 2011, this world-class asset is a highly profitable polymetallic mining operation due to its low cash cost and high head grades. Silver by-product cash cost in 2014 was US $(21.25)/oz2. The Chumpe Mill has a processing capacity of 2,500 tpd.
- Bolivar Mine, Mexico: The Bolivar Mine is a high-grade, low-cost copper mine with silver and zinc by-products that achieved commercial production in November 2011. Copper by-product cash cost in 2014 was US$1.65/lb2. In 2013, the Piedras Verdes Mill doubled throughput to 2,000 tpd.
- Cusi Mine, Mexico: The Cusi Mine is a silver producer with lead and gold by-products that achieved commercial production in January 2013. Silver by-product cash cost in 2014 was $8.92/oz2. In 2014, ore processing at the off-site Malpaso Mill increased in capacity from 300 tpd to 600 tpd.
Three operations offering exceptional exploration potential for long mine lifeWell Positioned for Growth
- Yauricocha Mine
- Updated NI 43-101 reserve and resource estimate dated Jan 1, 2013 tripled proven and probable reserves. Release of a new update to the estimate expected on Mar 31, 2015.
- Aggressive exploration and development programs are ongoing to expand resources at depth and test regional targets.
- Developing new mining infrastructure at depth to increase production capacity and maximize operating efficiencies.
- Bolivar Mine
- Updated NI 43-101 reserve and resource estimate dated Dec 31, 2012 identified 7.5 Mt of proven and probable reserves at Bolivar.
- Doubled production from 1,000 tpd to 2,000 tpd in 2013.
- On-going exploration to expand reserves and resources.
- Cusi Mine
- Updated NI 43-101 compliant resource estimate dated Dec 11, 2013 resulted in a 70% increase in silver ounces, 40% increase in silver grade and 20% increase in tonnes of Indicated Resources.
- Increased throughput to 600 tpd in 2014.
- On-going exploration to expand resources.
Proven Explorers, Mine Builders & OperatorsStrong Team with Proven Track Record
- Key Leadership
- J. Alberto Arias, Founder & Chairman
- Founder and President of Arias Resource Capital
- Former Head of Equity Research at Goldman, Sachs & Co. for metals and mining in the U.S., Canada and Latin America
- Engineering degree in mining and metallurgy from the Colorado School of Mines and MBA from Columbia University
- Audra Walsh, P.E., President and CEO
- B.Sc. in Mine Engineering from the South Dakota School of Mines
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, mine optimization and management of large engineering teams.
- Ex-CEO of Minera SA, a private mining company with assets located worldwide and controlling shareholder of Orvana Mineral
- Held Senior positions at Newmont Mining and Barrick Gold
- Ed Guimaraes, Chief Financial Officer
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Administrative and Commercial Studies from the University of Western Ontario.
- Held progressive senior management positions with Aur Resources Inc. (Aur) between 1995 and 2007, ultimately serving as Executive Vice-President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer.Since 2007, has worked as a consultant in the resource industry and is currently a director of several publicly listed mining companies.
- Thomas Robyn, Ph. D., Senior Vice President, Exploration
- Ph.D., Geology in 1977 from the University of Oregon with a major in Igneous Petrology/Volcanology.
- Ex-Anaconda Minerals regional exploration manager in Norway.
- Held top-level positions with several junior companies, and in recent years has advised investment funds with respect to mineral companies.
- International experience, oversaw projects in such countries as Australia, Ecuador, Greenland, Norway, Liberia, Equatorial Guinea, Guyana and Suriname, as well as several US states. He is director of Yorbeau Resources Inc.
- J. Alberto Arias, Founder & Chairman
1As of December 31, 2014.
2For the 12 month period ended December 31, 2014.
3Consolidated debt minus total cash and cash equivalents.